Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 22

Just a quick update. Today we are biking from Utica, KY to Marian, KY a total of 69 miles. I'm now a little over half way. It is 94 degrees outside so I decided to cool off in a library that I was passing. Yesterday I biked 83 miles - that was the most miles I have ever done in one day! We had a lot of rain so it kept it cool, but made it a little more difficult. When you wear glasses, it is like looking through a windshield without wipers!! The countryside now is rolling hills with lots of cornfields. Tomorrow we enter Illinois - yeah, our third state! We will only be in Illinois for 5 days with one of those a rest day.

Next posting will be from Carbondale, IL.

1 comment:

  1. 83 miles is awesome, Joyce! I know how difficult it is, having ridden a "century" for a charity ride in Florida. But that was flat!!
    Keep on going!

    ReplyDelete