Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 8

We'ev had a busy few days with little access to computers. I've made it over my first big hurdle - the Appalachian Mountains. This was on Thursday, then yesterday we had a long day of 73 miles. We have had beautiful, but hot weather! As you can imagine, the Virginia countryside is magnificent. I'm really enjoying the people I'm traveling with.

Every evening 2 of the group has to cook for the rest of the group. It seems every evening the cooking team is trying to outdo the previous cooking team. Last night we had tomatoes with mozzarella and fresh basil for our appetizer, then pesto pasta and fresh asparagus and salad. Then for dessert (the Brits call all desserts "pudding") we had fresh berries with cream. I don't know how anyone can best that, especially, on camp stoves!!

I will post again in 2 days when we have our first layover in Damascus.

2 comments:

  1. Dr. King this is amazing what you are doing. It sounds like fun! However, I would love to see pictures of your adventure.

    Delma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, that sounds like something I would like to do. I have to talk to you once you get back. Does you bud hurt after 74 miles? And how old is the group? do you always sleep in tents? Is it more male or female the group? Lots of questions.... Enjoy and I am looking forward to following your track.
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete